ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's soccer team will get its 2019 season underway this weekend in Wisconsin. The team will take on Concordia Wisconsin on Friday and close out the trip on Sunday against No. 20-ranked Wisconsin-Platteville.
Fontbonne (0-0) at Concordia Wisconsin (0-0)
When: August 30th, 2019
Where: Mequon, Wis.
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
Fontbonne (0-0) at No. 20 Wisconsin-Platteville (0-0)
When: September 1st, 2019
Where: Platteville, Wis.
Time: 1 p.m.
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne is coming off a 9-9 2018 campaign and finished 6-3 in conference play.
- This year, the team was picked to finish sixth in the SLIAC Preseason Poll.
- Andres Castro is back for his senior season after posting a career-high four goals and three assists for 11 points. He went on to be named to the SLIAC All-Conference Third Team.
- In net, Eric Volk also returns for his senior season after he appeared in seven games in 2018, totaling 39 saves, and a 1.91 goals against average.
A Look At The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons
- The Falcons ended 2018 11-7-1 and advanced to the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference (NACC) Semifinals before being eliminated by MSOE, 2-1.
- This year, the Falcons bring back its leading scorer in junior Cristian Tyrpak. Last season, he posted nine goals and three assists to tie for the team-high with 21 points.
- Simon Da-Silva looks to build off his six goal and four assist for 16 point performance as well.
- In net, senior net-minder Nate Yeager went 8-5-1 in 2018, totaling 45 saves, and a 0.86 goals against average in 14 starts.
A Look At The Wisconsin-Platteville Pioneers
- In 2018, the Pioneers advanced to the NCAA Tournament. They took down Carthage 4-1 in the Opening Round, but fell 2-0 to Calvin in its next contest.
- The Pioneers finished the year 13-3-3 overall, including going 7-0-1 at home.
- The team posted 39 goals last season and were led by then senior Logan Rinderknecht. The forward posted 10 goals and four assists for 24 points.
- In goal, junior Nate Miller led with 13 wins, a 0.82 goals against average, and a .837 save percentage in 19 starts.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).