Strength & Conditioning Coach: Zach George
Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach: Amond Prater
Office Number: 314-889-1455
Cell Number: 573-864-0555
Fontbonne University Strength & Conditioning
The primary goal of Fontbonne University Strength & Conditioning Program is to produce highly skilled athletes through designing and administering structured programs, which improve athletic performance and reduce the occurrence of athletic injuries.
Each program is designed for sport specific training to achieve peak physical performance. Methods used include strength, stretching, aerobic, anaerobic and plyometric exercises.
The staff develops training programs based on physical evaluations in order to bring about desired results. Factors such as body composition, flexibility, muscular strength, muscular endurance and cardiovascular endurance are taken into consideration.
Griffin student-athletes benefit from a comprehensive and individualized strength and conditioning program designed to ensure the highest level of athletic performance.
The Fontbonne Strength & Conditioning coaches provide instruction specific to the individual, both in and out of season, and in collaboration with the athletic training and medical staffs.
The Fontbonne University Strength & Conditioning Program challenges our student- athletes in the aspects of Leadership, Work Ethic, Winning Attitude, Attendance and the Above Average Ability to Follow Instructions. Athlete(s) that exemplify the highest levels of the five-point criteria become eligible for National Strength and Conditioning All-America honors.
AREAS OF PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT
- Strength – Emphasis on ground-based, multi-joint movements.
- Power – Progression of Olympic Lifts, Sprints, Plyometrics, and Medicine Ball throws
- Speed – Acceleration training, Running mechanics, and sprinting
- Agility – Speed of recognition, change of direction, timing and coordination
- Conditioning – Develop a strong base of cardiovascular fitness in conjunction with basic sport requirements
- Flexibility – Decrease risk of injury through improved range of motion, and tissue quality
- Nutrition – Nutrition is the foundation for development, enhanced health, and body composition. We educate our student-athletes on eating for improved performance
***ALL PROGRAM DESIGN IS SPORT SPECIFIC AS WELL AS SPECIFIC TO THE INDIVIDUAL