ST. LOUIS, Mo.—After being on the road for nearly a month, the Fontbonne University men's soccer team returns home on Saturday afternoon when they'll take on Iowa Wesleyan. Kick-off at 1 p.m.
Iowa Wesleyan (3-8-1; 2-0 SLIAC) vs. Fontbonne (1-10-1; 0-2 SLIAC)
When: October 12th, 2019
Where: Centene Stadium
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a 2-0 loss against Spalding in its last time out on Wednesday.
- On the season, the Griffins totaled five goals thus far. Mike Massay leads with a team-high four. Jared Lyeki netted the other.
- In goal, Eric Volk leads in minutes played (593:18), saves (47), save percentage (.746), and goals against average (2.43).
- Ethan Cowell got the start against Greenville and upped his save total to 38 on the season.
A Look At The Iowa Wesleyan Tigers
- The Tigers picked up its second straight win on the year after handing Webster a 2-1 defeat on Wednesday night.
- On the year, the Tigers have netted 19 goals. Francisco ja Saldana leads the offense with eight and one assist for a team-high 17 points.
- Favio Govea is second on the tam with three goals and one assist for seven points.
- In net, Trevor Haasis is one of four net-minders to see action this year. He leads them with 29 saves and a 1.97 goals against average in just over 456:00 minutes played.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).