ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's soccer team fell in its home opener against Pacific Lutheran, 8-0.
Final: Pacific Lutheran 8, Fontbonne 0
Location: Centene Stadium
Records: Pacific Lutheran 2-2, Fontbonne 1-3
How It Happened
It was a scoreless game up until the 23rd minute. On a free kick, Zachary Manao found Jackson Moore in the box and he netted his second on the year to make it a 1-0 game.
From there, the Lutes tacked on two more goals in the 27th and 30th minute from Zak Gregg to give them a 3-0 lead. In the second half, the Lutes offense netted five more goals en route to the eight-goal win.
- The Griffins totaled six shots against Pacific Lutheran.
- Brendan Shawcross led in the shot department with two.
- Eric Volk and Ethan Cowell split time in net and combined for seven saves.
Pacific Lutheran Leaders
- The Lutes finished with 24 shots.
- Gregg paced the offense with a hat-trick on six shots.
- Jackson Moore added two goals on five shots.
The team returns to action on Wednesday night at home when they'll take on Millikin. Kick-off at 7 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).