ST. LOUIS, Mo.— The Fontbonne University men's soccer team looks for its second straight win on Sunday morning in its home opener against Pacific Lutheran. Kick-off at 11 a.m.
Pacific Lutheran (1-1) at Fontbonne (1-2)
When: September 8th, 2019
Where: Centene Stadium
Time: 11 a.m.
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins picked up its first win on the year on Thursday afternoon after coming away with the 1-0 win over Harris-Stowe.
- Mike Massay netted his second goal with Fontbonne and marked his first game-winner as well.
- In net, Eric Volk earned his first win after making six saves.
- On the year, Massay has netted both goals, while Bryan Carroll and Jarid Morton each have contributed an assist.
- In net, Volk has made a team-high 12 saves in 180:00 minutes of action.
A Look At The Pacific Lutheran Lutes
- The Lutes are coming off a 13-6-2 campaign in 2018 and earned a spot in the NCAA Tournament before falling to St. Thomas, 1-0.
- This year, prior to its contest against WashU on Saturday, the Lutes are off to a 1-1 start.
- The team opened the season with a 2-0 win over California Lutheran, but fell 3-2 against Augsburg University on Sept. 1st.
- Offensively, they've tallied four goals on 23 shots and they're led by Keeton Hieggerness' two goals. Ola Kvindesland and Zak Gregg added the other goals.
- In net, Cole Weaver has made two starts, totaling 90:00 mintues of action and made three saves.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).