ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team returns home for one final time this year on Tuesday against Blackburn.
Blackburn (8-16; 7-9 SLIAC) at Fontbonne (4-21; 4-10 SLIAC)
When: October 29th, 2019
Time: 7 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne is coming off tough losses against both Westminster and Webster in straight sets this past Saturday.
- Against Westminster, Abby Grumich became the eighth player in program history to accumulate 1,000 career assists.
- Against Webster, Megan Schaller became the fourth Griffin program history to total at least 1,000 assists and 1,000 career digs. She joins Rachel Schwoeppe, Jodi Hentscher, and Lynsey Wehrenberg as the lone players to reach that feat.
- On the year, they're averaging 9.33 assists per set and a .093 hitting percentage.
- Senior Maura Rabun leads them offensively with 196 kills and a .233 hitting percentage.
- Rae Andrews earned another double-double over the weekend to give her 184 kills and 218 digs on the season.
- Senior Emma Seiz is up to 113 kills and a team-high 36 blocks.
- Grumich averages a team-high 5.42 assists per set.
- Defensively, senior Schaller owns a career-best 388 digs (4.62 digs per set).
A Look At The Blackburn Beavers
- The Beavers took down Fontbonne in five sets in its last time out back on September 28th.
- Blackburn snapped its three-game slide on Saturday after coming away with a four-set win over Iowa Wesleyan.
- On the year, they're averaging 10.43 kills per set and a .152 hitting percentage.
- Individually, Lucy Magnussen leads with a team-high 241 kills and a .235 hitting percentage. She also ranks second on the team with 44 blocks.
- Elizabeth Bowyer and Kaitlyn Wiegand are tied with 187 kills. Bowyer leads at the net with 52 blocks.
- Setter Kendall Burleyson averages 7.49 assists per set which ranks her third overall in the SLIAC.
- Defensively, Amanda Swedberg has come away with 394 digs (4.48 digs per set).
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).