ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team returned home for the first time in over a week, but the Griffins fell in straight sets against St. Louis College of Pharmacy.
Final: STLCOP 3, Fontbonne 0 (25-11, 25-14, 25-13)
Records: STLCOP 6-5, Fontbonne 0-8
How It Happened
In the first set, the Eutectics opened with a 10-1 lead on a Fontbonne attack error. From there, the Eutectics went on for the 25-11 win.
STLCOP totaled 10 kills and a .242 hitting percentage in the first set, while Fontbonne had its struggles with seven kills and 14 errors for a negative -.149 hitting percentage.
In the second set, a kill from Macy Neff put Fontbonne down 7-6 early. Later, back-to-back kills from Maura Rabun and Emma Seiz had Fontbonne still within one, 12-11. However, the Eutectics closed out the set on a 13-2 run for the 25-13 set win.
In the third, the Eutectics grabbed a 10-3 lead on Mackenzie Wagner's kill. The team stretched its advantage out to 20-7 and they were able to go on for the 25-13 set and match win.
Inside The Numbers
- Fontbonne totaled 19 kills and 27 errors for a negative -.064 hitting percentage.
- The Eutectics finished with 34 kills and a .271 hitting percentage.
- Defensively, they accumulated 62 digs and six block assists.
- Kelly Herr led the offense with a season-high five kills.
- Setter Jill Reando handed out 15 assists.
- Defensively, Megan Schaller and Olivia Tallo tied with 12 digs each, which is a season-high for Tallo.
- Lauren Brown led with 10 kills, a .280 hitting percentage, and 15 digs.
- Setter Tessa Butt dished out 15 assists.
The Griffins return to action this Friday when they'll visit St. Mary-of-the-Woods. First-service at 6 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).