JACKSONVILLE, Ill.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team returned to the court on Tuesday night and fell in straight sets against Illinois College.
Final: Illinois College 3, Fontbonne 0 (25-10, 25-16, 25-10)
Location: Jacksonville, Ill.
Records: Illinois College 8-2, Fontbonne 0-7
How It Happened
In the first set, the Lady Blues jumped out to a 10-4 lead on a block assist from Abbie Horstmann and Elizabeth Ganley. It was all IC the rest of the way as they went on for the 25-10 set win.
After gaining the early lead in the second set, a quick 4-0 run by the Lady Blues had them out in front 14-6 on Maddie Ramsey's kill. The Griffins trimmed the deficit down to 19-12 on Maura Rabun's kill, though the Lady Blues were able to go on for the 25-15 win.
In the third, IC started out fast with a 13-3 advantage. With IC totaling 15 kills and a match-high .483 hitting percentage in the third set they were able to go on for the 25-10 set and match win.
Inside The Numbers
- Fontbonne totaled 17 kills and 16 errors for a .012 hitting percentage.
- Defensively, they came away with 34 digs.
- The Lady Blues posted 43 kills, a .370 hitting percentage, and 12 service aces.
- Olivia Tallo led offensively with a team-high five kills.
- Setter Jill Reando handed out 11 assists and contributed seven digs.
- Megan Schaller earned a team-high eight digs.
Illinois College Leaders
- Ali Pankey totaled a match-high 14 kills and a .367 hitting percentage.
- Breanna Dameris also had a strong outing with eight kills and one error for a .368 hitting percentage.
- Setter Elizabeth Ganley collected a double-double with a match-high 35 assists and 11 digs.
The Griffins are right back at it tomorrow night when they'll host St. Louis College of Pharmacy. First-service at 7 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).