ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team looks for its first win on the year in front of the home crowd on Saturday as they'll take on Avila University. First-service at 12 p.m., followed by another 4 p.m. contest.
Avila (2-7) at Fontbonne (0-4)
When: September 7th, 2019
Time: 12 & 4 p.m.
Game One Video: HERE
Game One Stats: HERE
Game Two Video: HERE
Game Two Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a tough stretch at the Bear Invite where they fell in straight sets against No. 24 WashU, Webster, North Park, and Cornell College.
- The team finished with 78 kills and a negative -.003 hitting percentage. Defensively, they averaged 13.08 digs per set.
- Senior Maura Rabun led offensively with 20 kills and a .185 hitting percentage. Olivia Tallo concluded with 17 kills, while Emma Seiz added 13.
- Newcomer Jill Reando posted a team-high 28 assists and Jessica Molden contributed 23.
- Defensively, Megan Schaller totaled a team-high 48 digs.
A Look At The Avila Eagles
- The Eagles will hit the court on Saturday after snapping its six-game slide this past Sunday with a straight set win over Robert Morris. However, the team fell in four sets against William Penn to finish out the weekend.
- On the season, the Eagles are averaging 9.47 kills per set and a .097 hitting percentage.
- Katelyn Payan leads the offense with 109 kills and a .194 hitting percentage.
- Lauren Harrell and Chloe Brundick have handed out 98 and 95 assists, respectively.
- On the defensive side of the net, Avila averages 16.19 digs per set and they're led by Aspen Kridner's 157.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).