LOUISVILLE, Ky.— The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team returns to action this weekend at the Spalding University Quad.
SPALDING UNIVERSITY QUAD
When: Friday-Saturday, Sept. 14-15
Where: Louisville, Ky. (Friday)
New Albany, Ind. (Saturday)
Teams: Fontbonne (1-3; 1-2 SLIAC), Spalding (1-5; 0-3 SLIAC), Greenville (4-4; 2-1 SLIAC), Bluffton (2-7)
- Friday, Sept. 14 – Fontbonne vs. Bluffton – 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept 15 – Fontbonne vs. Spalding – 11 a.m. LIVE VIDEO
- Saturday, Sept. 15 – Fontbonne vs. Greenville – 1 p.m.
A Look At the Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a tough four-set defeat against Westminster on Wednesday night.
- On the year, the team has posted 188 kills and a .156 hitting percentage. The Griffins are averaging 11.06 kills/set and 13.76 digs/set.
- Individually, Maura Rabun leads the group with 42 kills and a team-high .358 hitting percentage.
- Kristina Eason is filling up the stat sheet with 41 kills, 49 assists and 34 digs.
- Setter Megan Schaller leads with 84 assists, while Sarah Borgerding puts up 3.76 digs/set for 64 on the season.
A Look At The Bluffton Beavers
- The Beavers are off to a 2-7 start in 2018. The team has struggled as of late dropping its last three outings.
- As a team, the Beavers are hitting .120, totaled 11.97 kills per set and 19.31 digs per set.
- Bethany Martini leads them offensively with 114 digs and a .128 hitting percentage.
- Setter Erin Weisgarber is averaging 8.26 assists per set and is already up to 289 on the season.
- The Beavers have three players with at minimum 100 digs and are paced by Abby Rohrbach's 122.
A Look At The Spalding Golden Eagles
- After opening with a four-set win against Berea, the Golden Eagles have dropped its last five matches, all coming of straight set sweeps.
- Spalding has totaled 158 kills and a .037 hitting percentage. Defensively, they are posting 20.11 digs per set and a 1.47 blocks per set.
- Morgan Berning leads offensively with 40 kills and a .156 hitting percentage.
- Claudia Spivey is averaging 1.38 blocks/set, ranking her first in the SLIAC.
A Look At The Greenville Panthers
- The Panthers started the season 1-4, but since then have swept past Webster, Eureka, and Illinois College.
- As a team, the Panthers rank second in the SLIAC in kills (320), third in kills per set (11.43), first in hitting percentage (.168), first in service aces (50), second in blocks (54), and first in blocks per set (1.89).
- Abby Freeman leads with 107 kills and a .191 hitting percentage.
- Allyson Grabowski totaled 147 digs in eight matches thus far, while Anna Finich is on top with 25 total blocks.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).