Story written by Sports Information Graduate Assistant, Kylie Lang
St. Louis, Mo - Fontbonne Women's Soccer win conference game against MacMurray (1-0)
Location: St. Louis, MO.
Records: Fontbonne (11-5-4, 6-1-2 SLIAC) Eureka (1-16, 0-8 SLIAC)
How It Happened
Sophomore Caroline Neal started the Griffins off today scoring the first goal of the game at the 5th minute.Neal, Sam Amezcua, and Rebecca Bass each had two goals each, While Kierstyn Weaver and Libby Bateman each had one of their own. Makayla Hussong covered the net 85 minutes while Rylee Stafford protected the net the final five minutes. On the other side of the field Eureka's GK had 19 saves, she now has 271 saves on the season. The Griffins clinched a spot in the SLIAC Tournament starting Thursday, time and date is to be officially announced.
- The team had 40 shots during tonight's game with 27 on frame.
- Neal scored her first goal at the 5th minute assisted by Molly Kovarik
- Rebecca Bass scored her first of two goals at the 7th minute assisted by Neal.
- Neal scored her final goal of the night at the 10th minute assisted by Rylee Stafford. Neal now has 14 goals on the season.
- Libby Bateman scored her first goal of the season at the 16th minute.
- Rass scored her second goal of the night at the 33rd minute.
- Kierstyn Weaver scored a goal at the 37th minute assisted by Bass
- Sam Amezcua scored the final two goals of the night at the 79th minute assisted by Weaver and the 88th minute assisted by Claire Dalton.
The Griffins will head to Greenville next on Thursday for the SLIAC Tournament witha time that is TBA.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).