Story written by Sports Information Graduate Assistant, Kylie Lang
Louisville, KY—The Fontbonne University Women's Soccer team end their winning streak this weekend at Spalding.
Location: Louisville, KY
Records: Fontbonne 5-5-2, Spalding 4-5
How It Happened
Fontbonne Women's Soccer end their winning streak this weekend against Spalding during their first conference game. Junior Molly Kovarik tried to get the team ahead scoring a goal at the 20th minute assisted by Junior Claire Dalton. Splading ended up scoring one goal as well during the first half at the 32 minute mark. The Griffins and the Eagles battled it out during the second half until Avery O'Hara scored her second goal of the night in the low left corner at the 55 minute mark to beat out the Griffins 1-2.
- The team had 14 shots during tonight's game with nine on frame.
- Fontbonne Women's Soccer is now 5-5-2
- Junior Kovarik scored the single goal of the night at the 20th minute
- Senior Makayla Hussong covered the net all 90 minutes saving three shot and allowing two.
- The teams score is now 4-5
- Avery O'Hara scored her first goal of the night unassisted.
- O'Hara finished the game with one more goal at the 55th minute assisted by Mazie Burrow.
- GK Kayla Strehle saved eight shots and allowed one.
The Griffins will be back in action October 9th when they travel to Greenville for a 7:00 p.m. game!
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).