Story written by Sports Information Graduate Assistant, Kylie Lang
Jacksonville, IL—The Fontbonne University Women's Soccer team is now on a four game winning streak after defeating Illinois College 2-0
Final: Fontbonne 2, Illinois College 0
Location: Jacksonville, IL
Records: Fontbonne 5-4-2, Illinois College 5-6
How It Happened
Fontbonne Women's Soccer won their fourth game in a row (2-0) Sophomore Caroline Neal scored the Griffins first goal during the first half, while Junior Kierstyn Weaver scored the second goal in the second half. The griffins made easy work not allowing Illinois College to take a single shot on the goal during the whole game.
- The team had 52 shots during tonight's game with 20 on frame.
- Fontbonne Women's Soccer is now 5-4-2 while winning their fourth game in a row.
- Neal Started off the game scoring the Griffins first goal at the 11 minute assisted by weaver.
- Weaver then went of to score her own goal of the night at the 82 minute.
- Senior Makayla Hussong just earned her fourth win of the season.
- The teams score is now 5-6
- GK Charlotte Croftan share the goal tonight playing 45 minute saving nine goals allowing one
- GK Savannah Henson also played 45 minutes of the game matching her teammate with nine saves while allowing one goal.
The Griffins will be back in action October 5th when they play Spalding in a conference game.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).