ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team looks to close out its 2018-19 season with a win over Spalding on Senior Day. Tip-off at 1 p.m. Prior to the game, the team will honor senior Paige Black.
Spalding (17-6; 12-2 SLIAC) at Fontbonne (11-13; 7-8 SLIAC)
When: February 16th, 2019
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
Last Meeting: Spalding def. Fontbonne 72-62 (Jan. 16th)
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne picked up its 11th win on the season after a dominant 81-55 win over Iowa Wesleyan on Wednesday.
- The team shot 44.4 percent from the floor and hit 12 3-pointres.
- The team tied its season-high in both steals (22) and assists (26).
- Rylee Stafford set a new career-high with 31 points on 12-of-20 shooting, while Paige Black tied the single-game record with nine steals. She's tied for second all-time with 96 steals on the year.
- On the year, the Griffins are scoring 70.0 points per game on a 40.1 field goal percentage.
- Stafford leads the offense with a 15.5 point per game average.
- In her last eight games, Raven Venegas is averaging a team-high 15.8 points on a 60.8 field goal percentage.
- During that same stretch, Black is putting up 10.8 points and has come away with 41 steals.
- Defensively, the Griffins rank 17th nationally with 13.2 steals per game.
A Look At The Spalding Golden Eagles
- The Golden Eagles continued its winning ways on Wednesday after picking up its 11th straight victory after an 71-59 win over Blackburn.
- In the outing, Spalding shot 46.3 percent from the floor and hit 10 3-pointers. Alex Martin led with a team-high 16 points on 7-of-12 shooting. Megan Goeinig and Hunter Wright were the final players in double-figures.
- On the season, they're scoring 70.3 points per game, while defensively they're holding opponents to 60.5 points on a 38.3 field goal percentage.
- Individually, Martin leads the offense with a team-high 17.4 point per game average. She also leads them on the glass averaging 6.5 rebounds per game and 2.4 steals per contest.
- Maleah Hirn is the final player in double-figures averaging 11.8 points.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).