ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The (RV) Fontbonne University men's volleyball team closes out its 2019 regular season this weekend when they'll take on Olivet on Friday and Adrian on Saturday.
(RV) Fontbonne 21-2 (5-2 MCVL) at Olivet (3-15; 1-6 MCVL)
When: Apr. 5th, 2019
Where: Olivet, Mich.
Time: 6 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
(RV) Fontbonne 21-2 (5-2 MCVL) at Adrian (15-13; 3-4 MCVL)
When: Apr. 6th, 2019
Where: Adrian, Mich.
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins have won the last four and eight out of its last nine with the lone blemish coming against No. 1 Carthage.
- During the last four contests, the Griffins have compiled 13.60 kills per set, a .232 hitting percentage, 19 service aces, 13.62 digs per set, and 29 blocks.
- Individually, Brendon Schwartze leads with 33 kills and a .301 hitting percentage.
- Emir Hadzisalihovic added 28 kills and a team-high .595 hitting percentage, while Josh Farley (22), Braden Woolsey (21), and Mark Klusman (21) each have 20-plus kills.
- Setter Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell, who just surpassed the 2,000 career assist mark, has handed out 152 the last four.
- Defensively, Kyler van Rossum-O'Connell also leads with 37 digs and Zach Rothstein is right behind him with 35.
- Woolsey's led in the block department with 10.
A Look At The Olivet Comets
- The Comets closed out the month of March 2-6 overall after finishing it out with tough losses against Carthage and North Central.
- On the year, they're putting down 9.32 kills per set and hitting .096.
- Brock Pringle leads them offensively with 170 kills. Trent Robinson has 120 kills, to go along with his team-high .230 hitting percentage.
- Setter Aaron Girogi averages 6.14 assists per set, while Tanner Gardenour has compiled 152 digs.
A Look At The Adrian Bulldogs
- Prior to its contest against the Griffins, the Bulldogs will take on Greenville Friday night on Senior Night.
- The Bulldogs will be looking to snap its three-game slide after falling to Mount St. Joseph, North Central, and Carthage.
- On the season, the team totaled 11.34 kills per set thus far and a .197 hitting percentage.
- Noah Marcinkowski leads them overall with 352 kills and a .212 hitting percentage.
- Tedrick Gula (234) and Michael Burkhardt (218) are each over 200 kills on the season.
- Setter Joseph Campana averages 9.30 assists per set and Kevin Curley has come away with 352 digs on the year.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).