CRAWFORDSVILLE, Ind.—The Fontbonne University men's soccer team continues its road swing to start the 2018 season as they'll head off to Indiana for two games against Franklin and Wabash at the Robbie Dreher Classic.
A Look At The Griffins
- Griffins are coming off a 1-1 stint against Aurora and Dominican last weekend.
- Andres Castro, Marc Roellig and Blake Smugala all scored for the Griffins in its season opener.
- Junior net-minder Eric Volk tallied 15 saves in 180:00 minutes of action.
- Volk went on to be named SLIAC Defensive Player of the Week. He currently leads the SLIAC in saves.
- Offense averaging 7.5 shots per game
A Look At The Franklin Grizzlies
- The Grizzlies are off to an 0-2 start in 2018 after going 2-15 in 2017.
- The team dropped its season opener 2-0 against Wabash. In its home opener, they fell 2-1 in double overtime against Spalding.
- Thus far offensively, Luke Oliver leads with the lone goal.
- In net, freshman Jake Hendricks has started both games and made seven saves in 195:05 minutes of action.
A Look At The Wabash Little Giants
- After starting the season 1-1, the Little Giants got back over the .500 mark on Wednesday with a 2-0 win against Earlham.
- On the year, they've outshot its opponents 30-16 between the two halves, including a 13-6 advantage in the second frame.
- Wabash has scored seven goals on the season led by Timothy Herring and Michael Tanchevski's two goals.
- In net, Chad Wunderlich has allowed four goals in 262:21 minutes of action and made seven saves in the two wins.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).