ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University baseball team has its first home games of 2019 this weekend as they'll take on Nebraska Wesleyan on Sunday at 12 and 2 p.m., followed by a 10 a.m., contest against the Prairie Wolves on Monday. All games will be played at CarShield Field.
Neb. Wesleyan (0-0) at Fontbonne (2-0)
When: Feb 24th and 25th
Where: CarShield Field
Time: Feb. 24th (1/3 p.m.), Feb. 25th 10 a.m.
Game 1 Live Stats: HERE
Game 2 Live Stats: HERE
Game 3 Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne opened its 2019 campaign with two wins over Greenville (3-1) and No. 18 Rhodes (3-1) this past weekend in Memphis, Tenn.
- In the two games, the Griffins hit .177 overall. Gus Purschke led Fontbonne at the dish with his three doubles and .375 clip.
- On the bump, the team got two stellar performances out of Luke Summers and Alex Phillips.
- Summers went 8.0 innings, sat down 16 straight and struck out a career-high 15 in the win over Greenville. He went on to be named to the D3baseball.com Team of the Week.
- Phillips followed with an 8.0 inning performance as well and struck out four in his debut.
- Both John Hughes and Mike Jacobson recorded saves in each contest.
A Look At The Nebraska Wesleyan Prairie Wolves
- This will be the first time in 2019 the Prairie Wolves hit the diamond.
- Last year, the team went 9-26 overall.
- The team lost its leading hitter last year in Justus Stocks, but do return Derek Kolbush who batted .346, totaling two homers and 18 RBI.
- Tyler Winterstein also returns to the lineup and he'll look to build off his .322 clip and team-high 13 double performance in 2018.
- On the mound, the Prairie Wolves had a team ERA of 6.61 last season.
- Hayden Parker is back after picking up two wins.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the baseball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).