BELLEVILLE, Ill.—The No. 6-seeded Fontbonne University women's tennis team fell 5-0 against No. 3-seeded Webster in the opening round of the SLIAC Tournament.
Score: Webster 5, Fontbonne 0
Location: King's Point Tennis Courts
Records: Webster 6-8, Fontbonne 0-13
How It Happened
In doubles action, the Gorloks won each of the three matches against the Griffins to head into singles play on top, 3-0.
At No. 2 singles, Maggie Federhofer won 6-1, 6-1 over Jordan Sampson. At No. 4 singles, Navone Armstrong defeated Sarah Johnson 6-0, 6-0 for the fifth and final point. The rest of the matches were marked as unfinished.
- Sara Rice/Madison Watts (WU) def. Chloe Loehr/Jordan Sampson (FBU), 8-1
- Maggie Federhofer/Emma Ferguson (WU) def. Andrea Wiele/Alexis Bracken (FBU), 8-0
- Navone Armstrong/Addie Struckman (WU) def. Emily Bay/Maris Fusiek (FBU), 8-2
- Sara Rice (WU) & Chloe Loehr (FBU), 6-0, 4-3 (UNFINISHED)
- Maggie Federhofer (WU) def. Jordan Sampson (FBU), 6-1, 6-1
- Emma Ferguson (WU) & Andrea Wiele (FBU), 6-1, 5-1 (UNFINISHED)
- Navone Armstrong (WU) def. Sarah Johnson (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- Liz Gerger (WU) & Alexis Bracken (FBU), 6-4 (UNFINISHED)
- Imani Bennett (WU) & Maris Fusiek (FBU) (NOT STARTED)
- The Griffins return to action tomorrow at 9:30 a.m., at Dwight Davis as they'll take on Blackburn in the fifth-place match.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's tennis team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).