Story written by Sports Information Graduate Assistant, Kylie Lang
Mt. Vernon, IA. – FBU Women's soccer defeat Cornell College
Score: Fontbonne 5, Cornell College 2
Location: Mt. Vernon, IA.
Records: Fontbonne (2-4-2) Cornell College (2-4)
The Fontbonne Women's Soccer let Cornell College know they were there to win, scoring two goals in the first half before the 20 minute mark. However Cornell shot back with two goals of their own at the 37th and 57th minute. The Griffins followed that up with two more goals at the 61st and 82nd minute. Fontbonne's fourth goal was a Cornell own goal at the 76 minute.
- The team had 15 shots during tonight's game with 12 on frame.
- Junior Kierstyn Weaver scored one goal at the 13 minute assisted by Junior Rebecca Bass.
- Sophomore Caroline Neal scored her first goal at the 16 minute assisted by Weaver.
- Junior Molly Kovarik scored the third goal of the game at the 61st minute assisted by Neal.
- Neal scored another goal in the second half at the 82nd minute.
- Senior Makayla Hussong covered the net all 90 minutes of the game saving eight shots and allowing two.
- Cornell had 15 shots as a team
- Senior Ashley Quesada scored the first goal for team at the 16th minute
- Junior Dajana Scott-Smith scored the second goal at the 57th minute assisted by Junior Avery Wyse
- Sophomore Elise Thomason-Larsen covered the net all 90 minutes saving eight goals while allowing five.
The Griffins will travel to Oakland City, IN to take on the Mighty Oaks.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's soccer team.