ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team looks for a bounce back win on the road on Wednesday when they'll visit Spalding. Tip-off at 5 p.m.
Fontbonne (4-7; 3-1 SLIAC) at Spalding (5-6; 3-1 SLIAC)
When: January 8th, 2020
Where: Louisville, Ky.
Time: 5 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Last Meeting: Spalding def. Fontbonne 65-60 (2/16/19)
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne suffered its first conference loss at the hands of Webster on Saturday, 83-72.
- Three players reached double-figures led by Raven Venegas' season-high 22 points on 9-of-16 shooting. Rylee Stafford added 17 and Mallory Proffer contributed 11.
- On the season, they're averaging 63.8 points and shooting 39.0 percent from the floor.
- Stafford paces the offense with her team-high 13.2 average on a 34.8 field goal percentage. In her last three, Stafford averages 14.6 points per game.
- Raven Venegas averages 12.0 points, to go along with her team-high 52.2 field goal percentage. In her last four games, Raven Venegas is putting up 16.0 points per contest.
- Kourtney White, meanwhile, averages 7.7 points on a 43.4 field goal percentage. She's gotten it done on the glass pulling down a team-high 5.2 rebounds per game and dishes out a team-high 2.6 assists per contest.
A Look At The Spalding Golden Eagles
- The Golden Eagles will be looking to halt its three-game slide as they're most recent loss came against Greenville, 77-63.
- During its last three games, the Golden Eagles are shooting 32.8 percent from the floor and just 48.9 percent from the free throw line.
- On the year, they're scoring 67.9 points and led by Hunter Wright's team-high 13.7 point per game average. She's also connecting on 47.5 percent of her shots from the floor and 42.9 percent from downtown. On the glass, Wright averages a team-high 8.3 rebounds per game.
- Maleah Hirn is the final player in double-figures averaging 13.1 points.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).