ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team hits the road this weekend for an outing against Eureka. Tip-off at 1 p.m.
Fontbonne (10-12; 6-7 SLIAC) at Eureka (11-10; 5-7 SLIAC)
When: February 9th, 2019
Where: Eureka, Ill.
Time: 1 p.m.
All-Time Series: Eureka leads 14-13
Last Meeting: Fontbonne def. Eureka 97-81 (1/9/19)
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne inched closer to the .500 mark in conference play after posting a dominant 73-38 win over Blackburn.
- In the victory, the team came away with a season-high 23 steals. Paige Black and Sarah Schraut finished with 15 points each.
- On the season, they're scoring 69.8 points per game and shooting 40.4 percent from the floor.
- Defensively, they continue to get it done as they're ranked 20th nationally with 12.7 steals per game.
- Individually, Rylee Stafford continues to pace the offense with her 14.5 point per game average.
- Raven Venegas is putting up 12.4 points on a team-high 56.9 field goal percentage, while Black and Schraut are averaging 9.1 and 8.5 points per game.
A Look At The Eureka Red Devils
- After falling in two straight, the Red Devils have rattled off wins over Blackburn, Webster, and Principia most recently.
- On the year, the Red Devils are averaging 71.5 points per game.
- Samanatha Sarnes nets a team-high 12.4 points per game.
- Ashley Harfst is scoring 11.7 points per game and connects on 84.9 percent of her attempts from the free throw line.
- Both Josie Morgan and Olivia Walls are scoring 10.7 per game.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).