ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team looks to split the regular season and pick up a conference win over Westminster on Wednesday night. Tip-off at 5:30 p.m., in the Coaches vs. Cancer Game.
Westminster (15-4; 9-2 SLIAC) at Fontbonne (9-10; 5-5 SLIAC)
When: January 30th, 2019
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
All-Time Series: Fontbonne leads 36-21
Last Meeting: Westminster def. Fontbonne 93-74 (12/15/18)
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins picked up its third straight win on Saturday after posting a season-high 106 points in the 106-87 win over St. Mary-of-the-Woods.
- The team shot a season-high 57.7 percent from the floor and were led by Raven Venegas' 20 points.
- Rylee Stafford (19), Paige Black (16), Riley Guffey (13), Mallory Proffer (12), and Sarah Schraut (12), all reached double-figures in the victory.
- After dropping two straight games, the Griffins offense is rolling in the last three.
- The team is posting 82.7 points per game and shooting 48.2 percent from the floor.
- Raven Venegas leads all scorers with a 17.7 point per game average and is connecting on 58.1 percent of her attempts from the field.
- Rylee Stafford is averaging 16.0 points and 5.7 rebounds per game, while Paige Black leads them in the steals department with 14, to go along with her 12.0 point per game average.
A Look At The Westminster Blue Jays
- After falling by 21 to Greenville on the 21st of January, the Blue Jays bounced back with consecutive wins over Blackburn (96-74) and Eureka (87-74).
- Against the Red Devils, the team shot 45.9 percent from the field and were led by Kendahl Adams' 19 points on 8-of-12 shooting.
- Mirrakohl Johnson registered a double-double with 18 points and 12 boards, while Abbie Reece and Makayla Jackson totaled 15 and 11 points, respectively.
- On the year, the Blue Jays rank in the top three in the SLIAC in field goal percentage (43.4), 3-point percentage (32.7), free throw percentage (68.9), rebounds (44.4), and assists (18.2).
- As a team, they're averaging 81.6 points offensively and they're led by Adams' 18.8 points.
- Johnson, meanwhile, is shooting 57.3 percent from the field and averaging a double-double with 17.2 points and 11.1 rebounds per game.
- Kalle Dowler is the final player in double-figures at 12.3 points per game.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).