ST. LOUIS, Mo.—After a tough loss against Spalding, the Fontbonne University women's basketball team looks for a win over rival Webster on Saturday to split the regular season series. Tip-off at 1 p.m.
Fontbonne (6-9; 3-4 SLIAC) at Webster (11-4; 6-2 SLIAC)
When: January 19th, 2019
Where: Grant Gymnasium
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
Last Meeting: Webster def. Fontbonne 83-59 (Nov. 28)
All-Time Series: Fontbonne leads 39-22
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a 72-62 defeat at Spalding. The team trailed 55-53 going into the fourth, but the Golden Eagles outscored Fontbonne 17-9.
- Raven Venegas led all scorers after tying her season-high with 17 points on 8-of-14 shooting.
- In the last four games (2-2), the Griffins are posting 74.2 points, shooting 41.4 percent from the floor, and 78.4 percent from the charity stripe.
- Rylee Stafford has paced the offense averaging 18.0 points, shooting 45.1 percent, and dished out a team-high 18 assists.
- Raven Venegas averages 12.5 points, while leading them on the glass with 5.3 rebounds per game and owns a 57.5 field goal percentage.
- Riley Guffey is the final player in double-figures the last four games averaging 11.0 points and shooting a team-high 94.1 percent from the line.
A Look At The Webster Gorloks
- The Gorloks had its five game win streak snapped on Wednesday night in a 73-68 loss against Greenville.
- Webster shot 38.1 percent from the floor and were led by Kaylee Heggemann's 21 points on 6-of-12 shooting.
- On the year, the Gorloks rank second in points per game (75.7), second in 3-point percentage (34.3), fourth in rebounds per game (42.3), first in field goal percentage (44.2), and first in steals per game (17.1).
- Defensively, they're holding opponents to 59.5 point per game average and a 36.8 field goal percentage.
- Individually, Addison Beussink is scoring a team-high 12.1 points and pulling down 8.6 rebounds per game.
- Naomi Johnson scores 11.4 points, to go along with her team-high 43.2 3-point percentage. Jaysea Morgan is the final player in double-figures averaging 10.7 per contest.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).