ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team pays a visit to Blackburn on Saturday afternoon. Tip-off at 1 p.m.
Fontbonne (4-8; 1-3 SLIAC) at Blackburn (2-9; 1-4 SLIAC)
When: January 5th, 2019
Where: Carlinville, Ill.
Time: 1 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne dropped a tough 75-67 overtime outing against Greenville on Wednesday night.
- Rylee Stafford led all scorers with a game-high 20 points, while Jillian and Raven Venegas had 14 each.
- In the last six games the Griffins are 1-5. The team is scoring 69.0 points and shooting 38.8 percent from the field.
- Defensively, though they're allowing 79.3 points, a 45.0 field goal percentage, and 40.8 rebounds per game. They are averaging 11.7 steals per game.
- Individually, Rylee Stafford is shooting 39.8 percent from the floor, to go along with her 20.0 point per game average.
- Jillian Venegas, meanwhile, is the final player averaging double-figures in the last six as she's putting up 10.7 points per game.
A Look At The Blackburn Beavers
- The Beavers will be looking for its first win since Nov. 28th. The team has dropped its last six, including a 75-58 outing at Iowa Wesleyan on Wednesday.
- On the season, the team is posting 59.1 points per game on 34.3 percent shooting from the floor. They've had its struggles controlling the ball as they're averaging 24.2 turnovers per game.
- Individually, Jenna Dudra leads the offense averaging 13.3 points.
- Savannah Kruse puts up 11.3 points per night, while freshman forward Daalyah Wardell averages 10.5 points on 42.6 percent shooting.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).