ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team looks to start the second half of the season off with a key conference win at home against Greenville. Tip-off at 5:30 p.m.
Greenville (8-3; 3-0 SLIAC) vs. Fontbonne (4-7; 1-2 SLIAC)
When: January 2nd, 2019
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne went 1-1 in its trip down to Florida to close out December.
- The team picked up a 69-65 win over Olivet but fell 74-68 against Otterbein.
- On the season, the team is scoring 69.4 points per game and they're led by Rylee Stafford's 14.3 points per game average.
- In her last seven games, the sophomore is averaging 17.4 points and shooting 41.2 percent from the floor.
- Raven Venegas averages 11.0 points the last two games and is hitting 55.5 percent of her attempts.
- The Griffins have gotten it done at the charity stripe as they've drained 70.5 percent of its attempts which ranks first in the SLIAC.
- Defensively, the team averages 13.3 steals per game.
A Look At The Greenville Panthers
- After falling 71-55 against WashU back on Dec. 3rd, the Panthers won four straight but fell 77-62 in a non-conference outing against William Woods University.
- On the season, they're scoring 75.5 points, shooting 44.1 percent from the floor, and pulling down 44.9 rebounds per game.
- Defensively, the Panthers are holding its opponents to a mere 56.9 points, a 34.1 field goal percentage, and 36.8 rebounds per game.
- Senior forward Wesley Woodard leads the offense averaging 13.1 points per game, to go along with her 54.5 field goal percentage.
- Jantzen Michael (12.6 ppg) and Emily Brandland (10.4 ppg) are the final players putting up double-figures on the season.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).