ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's basketball team hits the court tomorrow night to begin its 2018-19 season against Robert Morris-Springfield. Tip-off at 6 p.m.
Robert Morris-Springfield (1-2) vs. Fontbonne (0-0)
When: November 13th, 2018
Time: 6 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne was picked to finish sixth in the SLIAC 2018-19 Preseason Poll.
- The team is coming off a 12-13 campaign in 2017-18 and finished 8-8 overall in SLIAC.
- Paige Black and Raven Venegas were named to the All-Conference Third Team.
- Black, a St. Louis, Mo., native, set new career-high marks in points per game (11.0), minutes per game (29.0), field goals made (95), 3-pointers made (63), rebounds (71), assists (64), and steals (66).
- Venegas put up 9.6 points per game and shot a career-high 46.8 percent from the field.
- Mallory Proffer, Rylee Stafford, Riley Guffey, Jillian Venegas, and Sarah Schraut all return for Fontbonne.
- Newcomers Madison Boaz, Lauren Smith, and Chloe Loehr look to step up this year for the Griffins.
- Last season, the Griffins opened with a 74-40 win over the Eagles. Riley Guffey led with 17 points.
A Look At The Robert Morris-Springfield Eagles
- The Eagles are off to a 1-2 start this year with its first victory coming against Southwestern Adventist (56-45).
- The team closed out the Rhema Bible Classic with a 61-58 loss against Randall University.
- On the year, the Eagles are putting up 61.7 points per game, but are shooting just 27.9 percent from the floor.
- E'Lexus Murrell leads with 18.3 points, while Sarah Norton owns a 13.3 point per game average.
- The Eagles have got it done on both ends of the glass averaging 53.3 rebounds per game and are forcing 11.3 steals per game.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).