JAMAICA, N.Y. – The Fontbonne University men's volleyball team improved to 15-1 on the season after a sweep over York on Wednesday night.
Final: Fontbonne 3, York 0 (25-10, 25-14, 25-14)
Location: Jamaica, N.Y.
Records: Fontbonne 15-1, York 2-13
How It Happened
In the first set, the Griffins jumped out to a 13-8 lead on a kill from Jacob Hartmann. It was all Fontbonne from there as they outscored York 12-2 for the 25-10 win.
In the second set, the Griffins owned a 12-7 lead on consecutive kills from Braden Woolsey and Grant Garza. The team stretched its advantage out to 20-12 and were able to go on for the 25-14 victory on back-to-back kills from Cameron Graves.
After a block from Kevin Campbell put the Cardinals down 7-5, the Griffins rattled off a 4-0 run to gain some breathing room at 11-5. The team expanded its lead out to 20-9 and never looked back as they cruised to the 25-14 set and match win.
Inside The Numbers
- Fontbonne ended with 35 kill and a .424 hitting percentage.
- The team got it done at the service line with a season-high 16 service aces.
- The Cardinals ended with 17 kills and 18 errors for a negative -.016 hitting percentage.
- Cameron Graves led with a career-high nine kills and .750 hitting percentage.
- Woolsey concluded with seven kills and a match-high .875 hitting percentage.
- Mark Klusman posted a season-high 14 assists and tied Sebastian Roca with four digs.
- Nate Paasch had a team-high five service aces.
- Kevin Campbell concluded with a match-high 10 kills.
- Juan Rodriguez finished with 13 assists.
The Griffins close out its trip tomorrow night against Brooklyn. First-service at 6 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).