ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's tennis team fell 8-1 against Oakland City on Sunday afternoon.
Score: Oakland City 8, Fontbonne 1
Records: Oakland City 1-0, Fontbonne 0-2
How It Happened
In doubles action, the team of Sebastian Culton and Anh Nguyen put forth a valiant effort at the No. 1 slot, though they fell 8-4 against Grant Holder and micky Kluemper. The Mighty Oaks went on to win No. 2 doubles and No. 3 by default to own a 3-0 lead.
In singles play, Culton won his second match on the season at No. 1 after defeating Jacob Hughen 6-1, 6-3. However, the Mighty Oaks went on to win the rest of the matches en route to the 8-1 win.
- Grant Holder / Micky Kluemper (OCUMT) def. Sebastian Culton / Anh Nguyen (FBU), 8-4
- Noah Peak / Kaleb Knepp (OCUMT) def. Zach Stevens / Patrick Maus (FBU), 8-0
- Jacob Hughen / James White (OCUMT) won by DEFAULT
- Sebastian Culton (FBU) def. Jacob Hughen (OCUMT), 6-1, 6-3
- Noah Peak (OCUMT) def. Zach Stevens (FBU), 6-1, 6-0
- Kaleb Knepp (OCUMT) def. Anh Nguyen (FBU), 6-1, 6-3
- Micky Kluemper (OCUMT) won by DEFAULT
- Jonathan Holsapple (OCUMT) won by DEFAULT
- Grant Holder (OCUMT) won by DEFAULT
The Griffins return to the court this Sunday, September 22nd, as they'll hit the road and take on Westminster. Action begins at 12 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's tennis team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).