ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's tennis team took on the Anderson Ravens in its season opener, however, the Ravens were able to come away with the 8-1 win.
Score: Anderson 8, Fontbonne 1
Location: Webster Groves Tennis Center
Records: Anderson 1-0, Fontbonne 0-1
How It Happened
In doubles action, the duo of Sebastian Culton and Zach Stevens put forth a valiant effort, but Dane Hueston and Colton Stevens were able to go on for the 8-3 win at the No. 1 spot. From there, the Ravens won 8-0 at No. 2 and won by default at No. 3.
In singles play, Culton got redemption and earned his first win on the year over Bradley Rothaar at the No. 1 slot. However, the Ravens were able to win the final five matches en route to the 8-1 match win.
- Dane Hueston/Colton Stevens (ANDMT) def. Sebastian Culton/Zach Stevens (FBU), 8-3
- Peter Hallam/Austin Hotsetler (ANDMT) def. Anh Nguyen/Patrick Maus (FBU), 8-0
- Anderson wins by DEFAULT
- Sebastian Culton (FBU) def. Bradley Rothaar (ANDMT), 7-6, 7-6
- Seth Nation (ANDMT) def. Zach Stevens (FBU), 6-1, 6-1
- Cory Evans (ANDMT) def. Anh Nguyen (FBU), 6-0, 6-2
- Conner Page (ANDMT) def. Patrick Maus (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- Patrick Bradley (ANDMT) wins by DEFAULT
- Sam Songer (ANDMT) wins by DEFAULT
- The Griffins return to action on September 15th at home when they'll square off against Oakland City. Action begins at 1 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's tennis team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).