O'FALLON, Ill.-- The Fontbonne University men's tennis team visited Webster for a late-night matchup and it was the Gorloks coming away with the 9-0 win.
Score: Webster 9, Fontbonne 0
Location: O'Fallon, Ill.
Records: Webster 11-5, Fontbonne 1-7
How It Happened
The evening started with singles play and after dropping the first set 6-3, Sebastian Culton battled to win the second 6-2 over Riley Muren. In the third set, however, Muren fended off Culton for the 6-4 win.
From there, the Gorloks went on to win the rest of the singles matches. In doubles play, the team of Anh Nguyen and Brandon Baumgartner put forth a solid effort against Harsh Jaswal and Parker Schaefer at No. 2 doubles, though the Gorloks won 8-6. Webster won the other doubles matches 8-2 at No. 1 and 8-1 at No. 3 for the victory.
- Riley Muren/Tanner Haugen (WU) def. Sebastian Culton/Zach Stevens (FBU), 8-2
- Harsh Jaswal/Parker Schaefer (WU) def. Anh Nguyen/Brandon Baumgartner (FBU), 8-6
- Nicolas Andrade/Seth Raglin (WU) def. Greih Murray/Hayden Thompson (FBU), 8-1
- Riley Muren (WU) def. Sebastian Culton (FBU), 6-3, 2-6, 6-4
- Austin Nation (WU) def. Zach Stevens (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- Charlie McGhee (WU) def. Brandon Baumgartner (FBU), 6-1, 6-2
- Tom Shutzman (WU) def. Anh Nguyen (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- Justin Kohler (WU) def. Jaxon Ziemann (FBU), 6-2, 6-2
- Courtland Butler (WU) def. Hayden Thompson (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
The team returns to action on the road Sunday when they'll take on Oakland City. Action begins at 4 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's tennis team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).