GREENVILLE, Ill.— After picking up its first win on the year, the Fontbonne University men's tennis team ran into a tough Greenville Panthers opponent that's won 11-straight after the 9-0 win over the Griffins.
Score: Greenville 9, Fontbonne 0
Location: Greenville, Ill.
Records: Greenville 11-1, Fontbonne 1-6
How It Happened
In doubles play, the Panthers dropped just one game to sweep each match and own a 3-0 lead. In singles action, the Griffins kept battling, though the Panthers were able to come away with a win in each of the singles matches for the victory.
- Zach Plocher/Daniel Pieplow (GU) def. Sebastian Culton/Zach Stevens (FBU), 8-1
- Tyler Blume/Justin Tilford (GU) def. Anh Nguyen/Jaxon Ziemann (FBU), 8-0
- Matthew Rodriguez/Austin Burkhart (GU) def. Brandon Baumgartner/Hayden Thompson (FBU), 8-0
- Daniel Pieplow (GU) def. Sebastian Culton (FBU), 6-2, 6-0
- Zach Plocher (GU) def. Zach Stevens (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- Justin Tilford (GU) def. Brandon Baumgartner (FBU), 6-0, 6-1
- Austin Burkhart (GU) def. Anh Nguyen (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- Tyler Blume (GU) def. Jaxon Ziemann (FBU), 6-0, 6-2
- Matthew Rodriguez (GU) def. Hayden Thompson (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- The Griffins are back in action tomorrow on the road for an exhibition contest against Kaskaskia CC. First-service at 6:30 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's tennis team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).