JACKSONVILLE, Ill.—The Fontbonne University men's tennis team fell on the road for the first time this spring against Illinois College as the Blueboys won 9-0.
Score: Illinois College 9, Fontbonne 0
Location: Jacksonville, Ill.
Records: Illinois College 4-6, Fontbonne 0-3
How It Happened
In doubles action, the Blueboys swept all three matches to take a 3-0 advantage going into singles play. At No. 1 singles, Sebastian Culton battled throughout the match, but Miguel Vaca fended off Culton for the 7-6, 6-4 win.
From there, the Blueboys went on to win all five singles matches en route to the 9-0 win over the Griffins.
- Miguel Vaca/Michael Connolly (IC) def. Sebastian Culton/Zach Stevens (FBU), 8-0
- Jonah Wheeland/Connor McAndrew (IC) def. Brandon Baumgartner/Anh Nguyen (FBU), 8-0
- Cameron Doerr/Jacob McQueen (IC) won by DEFAULT
- Miguel Vaca (IC) def. Sebastian Culton (FBU), 7-5, 6-4
- Jonah Wheeland (IC) def. Zach Stevens (FBU), 6-1, 6-0
- Michael Connolly (IC) def. Anh Nguyen (FBU), 6-1, 6-0
- Cameron Doerr (IC) def. Brandon Baumgartner (FBU), 6-0, 6-1
- Jacob McQueen (IC) def. Hayden Thompson (FBU), 6-0, 6-0
- Connor McAndrew (IC) won by DEFAULT
- The Griffins are back in action tomorrow against Missouri Baptist at the Creve Coeur Racquet Club. Action begins at 5 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's tennis team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).