ST. LOUIS, Mo.—After picking up a key conference win against Principia on Tuesday, the Fontbonne University men's soccer team will have another tough test on Saturday against Greenville. Kick-off is set for 8 p.m., from Centene.
Greenville (9-2; 2-0 SLIAC) vs. Fontbonne (5-6; 2-0 SLIAC)
When: October 6th, 2018
Where: Centene Stadium
When: 8 p.m.
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins earned its second straight shutout win against the Panthers. Andres Castro scored the lone goal late in the first half and that proved to be enough.
- On the season, the Griffins are up to 16 goals and led by Nick Wolf's six.
- Blake Smugala, Marc Roellig, Brendan Kopff, and Castro are now up to two each.
- In net, Drew Blair filled in for the injured Eric Volk against Principia and went on to pick up his third win. He's now accumulated 22 saves in 447:46 minutes played.
- Volk, meanwhile, is 2-4 with a team-best 1.91 goals against average, to go along with his 39 saves.
A Look At The Greenville Panthers
- The Panthers picked up its second straight shutout win and third in its last four against Blackburn (6-0) on Wednesday.
- On the season, Greenville leads the SLIAC with 34 goals and 29 assists for 97 points.
- Individually, the duo of Jared McPeek and Juan Jose Herranz have netted seven goals each.
- In goal, the Panthers have used four different goalies at some point on the year. Nick Holland, though leads with 10 starts, totaling eight wins and 29 saves for a 1.02 goals against average.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).