Story written by Sports Information Intern, Jason Dierker
ST. LOUIS, Mo.—Despite its efforts, the Fontbonne University men's lacrosse team were unable to pull away with a win against Northwestern- St. Paul on Senior Night.
Final: Northwestern-St. Paul 27, Fontbonne 12
Location: Centene Stadium
Records: Northwestern (8-6; 5-6 MLC), Fontbonne (1-14; 1-10 MLC)
In the first, Northwestern struck first at the 14:21 mark with a goal from Mat Anderson. The Eagles were able to tag on four more to make the score 5-0. However, Fontbonne was able to get on the scoreboard with a goal from Patrick Kennedy at the 7:43 mark. The Griffins were able to add three more goals to reduce the lead to 5-4. The Eagles were able to add one more to end the period 6-4.
In the second, Fontbonne was able to strike first with a goal from Alex Scott at the 12:27 mark. Both teams then went on to score back and forth goals. Unfortunately, Northwestern was able to keep the lead with a score of 11-8.
In the fourth quarter, Fontbonne was able to add two more goals by Matt Rech and Cameron Director. Unfortunately, the Eagles were able to pull away with the win, out-scoring the Griffins 8-2 ending the game with a score of 27-12.
Inside The Numbers:
- Fontbonne totaled 23 shots.
- Fontbonne recorded seven assists.
- The Eagles had 45 shots on goal.
- The Eagles recorded 15 assists.
- Matt Rech recorded 2 goals and 2 assists.
- Brian Nguyen, Connor Mallett, Michael Picciolo, and Cameron Director all recorded two goals.
- Alex Scott and Patrick Kennedy both had a goal each.
- Zack Griffith contributed one assist.
- Dalton Teague made 18 saves.
- Chase Marlenee recoded seven goals and seven assists.
- Keller Stephens had eight goals and three assists.
- Mat Anderson recorded five goals and one assist.
- Cameron Hayes had one goal.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates on the men's lacrosse team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).