MCCOOK, Ill.—The Fontbonne University men's lacrosse team fell on the road against Benedictine on Sunday, 32-10.
Score: Benedictine 32, Fontbonne 10
Location: McCook, Ill.
Records: Benedictine (8-3; 6-1 MLC), Fontbonne (1-10; 1-6 MLC)
How It Happened
The Eagles jumped out to a 2-0 lead early, but the Griffins got one of those back on an unassisted goal by Cameron Director at the 12:12 mark.
The Eagles answered with four unanswered goals up until the 6:55 mark. Reagan Chin had his initial shot get stopped, however, he picked up the groundball and scored past Eagles goalie Evan Kilbane to make it 6-2.
Brian Nguyen added a late goal at 2:24, though the Eagles led 9-3 after one quarter of play. In the second, the Griffins cut the deficit down to 9-4 as Nguyen netted his second of the game on the man-advantage.
Benedictine went on to outscore Fontbonne 13-2 the rest of the way to lead 22-6 at the break. In the second half, the Eagles offense tallied 10 more goals, while Fontbonne was held to four for the 22-goal win.
Inside The Numbers
- Turnovers were an issue for the Griffins as they committed 35 on the evening.
- Benedictine controlled the faceoff winning 32-of-44.
- Benedictine outshot Fontbonne 78-28.
- Nguyen tied his season-high with four goals and contributed two assists.
- Alex Scott netted three goals.
- Connor Mallett, Chin, and Director added the others.
- In net, Dalton Teague came away with 19 saves.
- Nic Perkins led with six goals and three assists.
- Mateo Salceda and Mike Cislak finished with four goals each.
- In net, Evan Kilbane made four saves for the win.
- The Griffins will close out its road slate in 2019 this Thursday when they'll visit Monmouth. Action begins at 7 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's lacrosse team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).