Story written by Sports Information Intern, Jason Dierker
MONTGOMERY, Ill. The Fontbonne University men's lacrosse team had a tough, 30-3, conference loss to Aurora University.
Final: Aurora 30, Fontbonne 3
Location: Montgomery, Illinois – Spartan Athletic Park
Records: Aurora 7-3; (MLC 5-1), Fontbonne 1-9 (MLC 1-5)
In the first, Aurora took charge by scoring first at the 14:00 mark by Braden Toll (assisted by Nic Kruzlic). From there, Fontbonne wasn't able to find the back of the net, while Aurora was able to add 10 more goals. The score at the end of the first is 11-0 in favor of the Spartans.
In the second, Aurora continued their scoring streak by adding 10 more goals to make the score 21-0 at the end of the second quarter.
In the fourth quarter, Aurora was able to score first, but Fontbonne was able score three straight goals reducing the lead to 29-3 with goals from Connor Mallett and Cameron Director. However, the Spartans went on for the win.
Inside The Numbers:
- Fontbonne totaled 17 shots.
- Fontbonne recorded 13 ground balls.
- Aurora had 57 shots.
- Aurora recorded 17 turnovers.
- Connor Mallett recorded two goals on two shots.
- Cameron Director recorded one goal on two shots.
- Matt Rech and Brian Nguyen both recorded an assist.
- Josh Boyko had 12 goals and one assist.
- Harrison Canada recorded seven goals and five assists.
- 10 players recorded at least one point.
The Griffins return to action on Sunday April 14th at Benedictine University. Game time starts at 2 pm.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's lacrosse team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).