MEQUON, Wis.—The Fontbonne University men's lacrosse team dropped a tough 16-4 contest against Concordia Wisconsin on Saturday.
Score: Concordia Wisconsin 16, Fontbonne 4
Location: Mequon, Wis.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-3 (4-0 MLC), Fontbonne 0-7 (0-3 MLC)
How It Happened
In the first quarter, the Falcons outshot Fontbonne 15-1 and won all three face-off attempts. At the 10:46 mark, Warren Kaminsky gave CUW a 1-0 lead off an assist from Aidan Connolly. Stephen Gregory added an unassisted goal of his own to make it 2-0 after 15:00 minutes of play.
In the second, the Falcons scored four more goals in five minutes to expand its lead out to 6-0. At the 7:51 mark, though Michael Picciolo netted his 11th goal on the year, off an assist from Connor Mallett, to trim the deficit down to 6-1. Warner Marquez added another goal for the Falcons prior to the half to make it 7-1.
In the third, Picciolo scored just a minute and 49 seconds in to put the Griffins down 7-2. However, the Falcons scored five unanswered goals to put them on top 12-2.
In the fourth, the Griffins got goals from Reagan Chin and Picciolo, but the Falcons were able to go on for the 12-goal win.
Inside The Numbers
- The Falcons controlled the face-off winning 21 of the 34 attempts.
- The Falcons outshot Fontbonne 55-26 and converted 22-of-26 of its clear attempts.
- Fontbonne went 13-of-27 on its clear attempts.
- Picciolo netted his second hat-trick on the year and now has 13 goals on the season.
- Chin's goal was his fourth on the year.
- In net, Dalton Teague made 14 saves.
Concordia Wisconsin Notables
- Warren Kaminsky and Ryan LeFebvre each netted three goals.
- In goal, Garrett Wohlford improved to 6-3 after making nine saves.
The Griffins are back in action on Wednesday, April 3rd, when they'll visit North Central (Minn.) Game-time at 4 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's lacrosse team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).