HANOVER, Ind.—The Fontbonne University men's lacrosse team took on Hanover this afternoon on the road and it was the Panthers coming away with the 19-7 win.
Score: Hanover 19, Fontbonne 7
Location: Hanover, Ind.
Records: Hanover 5-3, Fontbonne 0-6
How It Happened
In the first quarter, the Panthers got on the board at the 14:24 mark on a goal from Ian Kimmins. From there, the team scored seven more to take an 8-0 lead after one. Hanover outshot Fontbonne 13-4 in the first and won 7-of-9 at the face-off.
In the second, after an Eric Hopkins goal to make it 9-0, the Griffins got on the board as Connor Mallett pushed in the loose ball into the back of the net to trim the deficit down to 9-1. However, the Panthers scored seven unanswered goals to lead 16-1 at the break.
Inside The Numbers
- Hanover totaled 38 ground balls compared to 24 for Fontbonne.
- The Panthers took control at the face-off winning 22-of-30 on the day.
- Hanover outshot Fontbonne 40-23 in the contest.
- Mallett and Scott tied with two goals each.
- Picciolo, Kennedy, and Nguyen added the other goals.
- In net, Dalton Teague made nine saves.
- Bret Schell and Ian Kimmins contributed a game-high four goals each.
- Jackson Wheeler and Noah King added a piece.
- In net, Noah Dubrava improved to 5-2 after making three saves.
- The Griffins return to conference play next Saturday when they'll take on Concordia Wisconsin. Action begins at 1 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's lacrosse team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).