Story written by Sports Information Intern, Jason Dierker
St. Louis, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's lacrosse team returned home Saturday afternoon with a tough 18-4 battle with MSOE.
Final: MSOE 18, Fontbonne 4
Location: Centene Stadium
Records: Hendrix 1-4 (1-1 MLC), Fontbonne 0-4 (0-1 MLC)
How It Happened:
Fontbonne scored first at the 12:31 mark with a goal from Michael Picciolo. From there, MSOE tagged on five more goals to take a 5-1 lead after one quarter of play.
In the second, MSOE continued its offensive push by adding seven more goals; however, Fontbonne kept battling and got on the board at 3:53 with an unassisted goal by Cameron Director. The score at the end of the second was 2-13.
In the third, the Griffins played some solid defense and only gave up two goals to the Raiders. As for the fourth period, the Griffin's got on the board twice with goals by Reagan Chin and Alex Scott. The Raiders were also able to score twice ending the game with a score of 18-4 in favor of MSOE.
Inside The Numbers:
- Fontbonne totaled 14 shots.
- The Griffins totaled 13 groundballs.
- MSOE controlled the game with 53 shots
- The Raiders also finished with 37 groundballs.
- Reagan Chin posted one goal and one assist.
- Cameron Director, Reagan Chin, Alex Scott, and Michael Picciolo all had one goal.
- In net, Dalton Teague made an impressive 22 saves.
- Collin Fischer, Jack Fischer, and Zach Rau posted three goals each.
- John Wilson provided two goals and two assists.
- Five others contributed to seven goals.
The Griffins return to action at home on Wednesday afternoon against Concordia-Chicago. Game-time at 4 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's lacrosse team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).