ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's lacrosse team returned home on Saturday afternoon and dropped a tough 26-7 contest against Hendrix.
Final: Hendrix 26, Fontbonne 7
Location: Centene Stadium
Records: Hendrix 3-2, Fontbonne 0-2
How It Happened
The Warriors jumped out to a 1-0 lead at the 10:30 mark on a goal from Alec Davis. From there, the Warriors tacked on three more goals to take a 4-0 lead after one quarter of play.
In the second, Hendrix continued its offensive push with five more goals in seven minutes to own a 9-0 advantage. Fontbonne, though kept battling and got on the board at the 3:27 mark as Michael Picciolo scored an unassisted goal.
He tacked on another two minutes later to make it 9-2. After Hendrix answered with a goal, the Griffins got two straight goals from Alex Scott to narrow the deficit down to 10-4 at the break.
In the third, at the 13:13 mark, Matt Rech found Scott and he scored his third consecutive goal to put Fontbonne down 10-5. However, the Warriors outscored Fontbonne 8-1 the rest of the way and headed into the fourth on top, 18-6. In the fourth, the Warriors added eight more and went on for the win.
Inside The Numbers
- Fontbonne totaled a season-high 31 shots. The team also set a new season-high with 18 good clears.
- Hendrix led with 70 shots and controlled the face-off with 28 wins on 37 attempts.
- The Warriors also finished with 47 groundballs.
- Scott and Picciolo tied with three goals each.
- Brian Nguyen contributed a goal and a team-high two assists.
- In net, Dalton Teague made a season-high 16 saves.
- Spencer Dorfneilsen finished with a game-high seven goals.
- Sean Howard had three goals on eight shots.
- Four others concluded with two goals.
- Taylor Noack improved to 2-1 in net after making six saves.
- The Griffins return to action at home on Wednesday night against Northland. Game-time at 7 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's lacrosse team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).