ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball looks to climb back over the .500 mark in conference play against Spalding on Wednesday. Tip-off at 7 p.m.
Fontbonne (4-7; 2-2 SLIAC) at Spalding (1-10; 1-3 SLIAC)
When: January 8th, 2020
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Time: 7 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Last Meeting: Fontbonne def. Spalding 78-70 (2/16/19)
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a tough 78-65 loss against Webster on Saturday. Anthony Jones led the team off the bench with a team-high 16 points.
- Through 11 games, the Griffins are putting up 80.9 points on a 45.7 field goal percentage.
- Jones leads the offense with a team-high 12.4 point per game average and a 54.2 field goal percentage. In his last three, Jones is averaging 16.0 points per game.
- Jalen Wadlington is right behind him with a 12.1 season average and a 52.8 field goal percentage.
- Jared Woodcock is the third player in double-figures averaging 10.5 per contest.
A Look At The Spalding Golden Eagles
- The Golden Eagles have dropped its last three games with its most recent defeat coming against Greenville, 145-133.
- In that contest, the Golden Eagles shot 68.7 percent from the floor and were led by Marcus Montgomery's SLIAC record performance with 55 points on 23-of-33 shooting.
- On the year, they're scoring 68.7 points and shooting 45.1 percent from the floor. Defensively, they're allowing 82.2 points per game.
- Montgomery leads the offense averaging 18.0 points, to go along with his 41.1 field goal percentage.
- Jaiquan Edwards averages 13.7 points and ranks second on the team with a 57.9 field goal percentage.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).