ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball team hits the court for the first time this year as they'll take on SIUE in an exhibition contest on Tuesday.
Fontbonne (0-0) at SIUE (0-0)
When: October 29th, 2019
Where: Edwardsville, Ill.
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a 2018-19 season where they went 10-15 overall and 8-10 in conference play.
- This year, the Griffins were picked to finish sixth in the SLIAC Preseason Poll.
- The team brings back six players from last year's squad, including Jared Woodcock where he averaged 15.3 points, shooting 43.8 percent from the floor, and 36.7 percent from downtown.
- Gus Kleekamp will be another player to look out for after ending his freshman campaign averaging 9.5 points and connecting on 51.2 percent of his shot attempts.
- Noah Coddington returns to the lineup for the first time since 2017-18 after recovering from an injury.
- The Griffins welcome 17 newcomers to the roster this year that look to make an impact and lift Fontbonne into postseason play.
A Look At The SIUE Cougars
- The Cougars ended last season 10-21 overall and 6-12 in the Ohio Valley Conference (OVC).
- This season, the Cougars were picked to finish 10th in the OVC under first year head coach, Brian Barone.
- They total 10 returners, including leading scorer from last year, Brandon Jackson. He ended last season averaging 13.8 points and shooting 51.8 percent from the floor. He also led them on the glass at 6.4 boards per game.
- Tyresse Williams (13.1 ppg) and Cameron Williams (10.1 ppg) both averaged double-figures in points.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).