ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball team travels down to the road in search of a redemption win against Webster on Saturday. Tip-off at 3 p.m.
Fontbonne (5-10; 3-5 SLIAC) at Webster (11-4; 7-1 SLIAC)
When: January 19th, 2019
Where: Grant Gymnasium
Time: 3 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
Last Meeting: Webster def. Fontbonne 75-74 (OT) (Nov. 28)
All-Time Series: Webster leads series 37-24
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a 68-62 defeat at the hands of Spalding on Wednesday night.
- Jared Woodcock and Jalen Wadlington tied with 10 points each, while Ian Cochran tied his season-high with 10 boards.
- In the last four games to start the New Year the Griffins are 1-3 overall.
- The team is averaging 86.5 points, shooting 49.6 percent from the field, and averaging 47.0 rebounds per game.
- However, they're allowing 89.0 points per game defensively and shooting just 53.3 percent from the free throw line.
- Gus Kleekamp has started all four games during the stretch and leads with a 13.5 point per game average. He's also averaging 7.3 rebounds per game which is a team-high.
- Kris McCann is scoring 13.0 points, while Woodcock is third on the team in scoring (12.8 ppg).
- Wadlington is the final player in double-figures where he's averaging 10.0 points and shooting 50.0 percent.
A Look At The Webster Gorloks
- The Gorloks leaped to the top spot in the SLIAC on Wednesday after handing Greenville its first conference loss with a 130-122 victory. The win is the Gorloks fifth out of its last six games.
- Against Greenville, the Gorloks shot 61.9 percent and totaled 64 rebounds.
- Nigel Wilcox led with a game-high 34 points and 16 rebounds. Rodson Etienne added 31 points and seven rebounds as well.
- On the season, the Gorloks are scoring 77.0 points per game, which is just under what they're averaging over the last six.
- Josh Johnson leads all scorers with an 18.2 point per game average, to go along with his 46.4 field goal percentage and 42.5 3-point percentage.
- Enrique Tankins scores 14.3 points per contest, while Wilcox leads them on the glass with 8.7 rebounds per game.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).