ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball team hits the road in search of its fourth conference win against Spalding. Tip-off at 7:00 p.m.
Fontbonne (5-9; 3-4 SLIAC) at Spalding (6-9; 5-3 SLIAC)
When: January 16th, 2019
Where: Louisville, Ky.
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins snapped its six-game slide with an impressive 105-96 win over Eureka last Wednesday night.
- The team had six players in double-figures and shot 55.4 percent from the floor. It's the third straight game the Griffins have shot 51.0 percent or higher.
- Gus Kleekamp went 11-of-16 to finish with a career-high 29 points. Jalen Wadlington got his first start on the year and finished with 20 points of his own.
- Jared Woodcock (19), Carter Otwell (10), Anthony Jones (10), and Shawn Leonard (10), also reached double-figures in the win.
- On the year, the team is scoring 79.6 points and shooting 44.8 percent from the floor.
- Luke DeLine leads the Griffins with a team-high 21.0 point per game average.
- Woodcock averages 13.6 points per night, while Kleekamp moved his season average up to 9.4 points, to go along with his 55.7 field goal and 50.0 3-point percentages.
A Look At The Spalding Golden Eagles
- The Golden Eagles earned a hard fought 73-71 win at home over Blackburn on Saturday. The win put Spalding as the No. 4 seed in the conference.
- In the victory, the team shot 46.6 percent from the floor, including hitting seven 3-pointers. Dominique Ellis led with 19 points and nine rebounds.
- On the year, the Golden Eagles are putting up 67.9 points per game which ranks last in the SLIAC.
- However, they're allowing just 74.5 points which is second-best and coring 13.6 turnovers per game.
- Individually, Marcus Montgomery leads the offense with an 18.1 point per game average. He's also shooting 48.2 percent from the field and 41.5 percent from downtown.
- Montgomery has started the last four games for the Eagles where he's averaged 30.7 points. Against Greenville he exploded with a 51-point performance.
- Robert Bendingfield (11.5 ppg) and Ellis (10.7 ppg) are the final players averaging double-figures.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).