ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball team takes on the up-tempo Greenville Panthers to start off the New Year. Tip-off is slated for 7:30 p.m.
Greenville (7-4; 4-0 SLIAC) vs. Fontbonne (4-7; 2-2 SLIAC)
When: January 2nd, 2019
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Live Video: HERE
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins will be looking to halt its four-game slide after dropping both of its outings in Florida against John Brown (76-60) and Webber International (85-81).
- On the season, the Griffins are averaging 75.5 points, hitting 45.5 percent of its shots from the floor, and 38.3 percent from downtown.
- The team looks to improve on its 63.8 free throw percentage.
- Luke DeLine leads the offense where he's averaging a team-high and ranks 45th in NCAA Division III with a 21.4 point per game average.
- The St. Louis, Mo., native, is also hitting 55.3 percent of his attempts from the field.
- Jared Woodcock is second on the team with a 13.5 point per game average but leads them on the glass pulling down 5.4 per outing.
- The Griffins and Panthers went 1-1 last year in its head-to-head matchups.
- In the last outing, Fontbonne came away with the 164-154 overtime win at Greenville.
- The 164 points is a program record, while the combined 318 points became a SLIAC and Division III single-game record.
A Look At The Greenville Panthers
- The Panthers have won its last five games, including a 126-118 win over MacMurray back on December 15th.
- Greenville ranks first in NCAA Division III as they're scoring 129.7 points per game. Its highest point total on the year thus far was 153 in a 40-point win against North Park on November 17th.
- Defensively, they're allowing 122.1 points per game and a 59.3 field goal percentage.
- Individually, Eric Williams averages a team-high 21.2 points per game and connects on 53.0 percent of his attempts from the floor.
- Senior guard Johari Dix averages 17.3 points, while Marvin Bateman (16.6 ppg), Isiah Price (13.8 ppg), and Rakim Murphy (10.5 ppg) are all averaging double-figures in 11 games thus far.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).