CHICAGO, Ill.—The Fontbonne University men's basketball team returns to action this weekend at the Moody Bible Tournament. The team will take on Marian (Ind.) on Friday night. On Saturday, depending on the Griffins result, they'll play the winner/loser between Moody Bible and Lincoln Christian.
Fontbonne (1-0) vs. Marian (4-0)
When: November 16th, 2018
Where: Chicago, Ill.
Time: 5 p.m.
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins opened its season with a 97-74 win over St. Louis College of Pharmacy this past Saturday.
- Luke DeLine led with a game-high 30 points on 11-of-16 shooting. Jared Woodcock contributed 20, while Alex Movila netted 13.
- The Griffins bench outscored STLCOP 36-13 in the victory and controlled the paint with a 46-32 advantage.
- The team continues to be a threat from all over the floor. They're shooting 53.0 percent from the floor and 47.4 percent from downtown.
A Look At The Marian Knights
- The Knights are off to a 4-0 start this year. Most recently, the team picked up a 92-64 win over the University of Rio Grande.
- On the season, the Knights are averaging 98.0 points per game, shooting 51.8 percent from the field, 45.1 percent from beyond-the-arc, and pulled down 43.2 rebounds per game.
- Defensively, they're holding teams to 64.2 points, a 36.6 field goal percentage, and forced 58 turnovers.
- Individually, West Stowers leads with a team-high 19.8 points per game and owns a 59.6 field goal percentage.
- TJ Henderson (17.8), Reginald Kissoonlal (14.5), Sterling Brown (14.3), and Cameron Wolter (10.5) are all averaging 10.0 points or more per game.
A Look At Moody Bible
- Moody Bible, out of the NCCAA, is averaging 55.8 points thus far through four games (0-4). Defensively, they're allowing 88.0.
- Individually, Trey Haidle leads the offense with a 17.5 point per game average and 41.0 field goal percentage.
- Encoh Clemmer is posting 12.0 points, while Darrell Gordon averages 10.2 points and leads the team with 17 rebounds.
A Look At The Lincoln College Red Lions
- The Red Lions dropped to 3-4 on the year after a 113-81 loss against Purdue University Northwest on Wednesday night.
- Zach Thompson led LC with a team-high 20 points and seven boards.
- On the season, the Red Lions are scoring 76.8 points per game and shooting 43.6 percent from the floor.
- Thompson leads the offense with 16.6 points and 7.4 rebounds per game.
- Cornelius Lawhorn is averaging 14.2 points and leads the Red Lions from the floor with a 57.1 field goal percentage.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the men's basketball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).