ST. LOUIS, Mo.—Win two and they're in. The Fontbonne University baseball team looks to capture two wins over Westminster this weekend as the final berth in the SLIAC Tournament is on the line.
Westminster (15-12; 11-7 SLIAC) at Fontbonne (24-11; 11-8 SLIAC)
When: May 4th & May 5th
Where: Shaw Park
Time: 5/4 1 & 3:30 p.m., 5/4 1 p.m.
Game 1 Stats: HERE
Game 2 Stats: HERE
Game 3 Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- The Griffins are coming off a game three 9-0 victory over Webster in its last time out. Luke Summers went the distance and struck out 10. Jonathan Hoevelmann and Braeden Dobbs all belted homers.
- On the year, the Griffins are batting .297 as a team.
- Hoevelmann leads the offense with a .388 average, totaling 57 hits, 39 runs scored, 12 doubles, 23 RBI, and is tied for first nationally with 34 stolen bases.
- Dobbs is batting .380 and ranks second on the team with 27 RBI.
- Jackson Penrod is tied with Dobbs in the RBI department, to go along with his .339 average and 25 runs scored.
- Gus Purschke has hammered three homers, ranks second with 11 doubles third in runs scored (30), and owns a .296 average.
- Michael Puckett, Jr., is batting .278 and leads the team in homers (six) and RBI (29). Lance Chapman, meanwhile, owns four homers and 20 RBI on the year.
- On the bump, the staff has a 3.49 ERA.
- Luke Summers leads with a 10-2 record in 87.0 innings pitched. He ranks first nationally in both strikeouts (119) and ERA (0.62).
- Alex Phillips is 5-3 and ranks second on the team with 59 strikeouts.
- John Hughes and Jake Jump both have three wins. Out of the pen, Mike Jacobson is 2-2, totaling three saves and a 3.45 ERA. Tyler Heitmann has a 1.53 ERA of his own.
A Look At The Westminster Blue Jays
- The Blue Jays are currently on a three-game winning streak as they swept past Principia in its last time out.
- On the season, they're batting .315 as a team.
- Offensively, Branden Beeler paces the offense with an impressive .440 average, totaling 44 hits, 31 runs scored, four triples, four homers, and 23 RBI.
- Ryan Clavin brings the pop in the lineup with a team-high 10 homers, 34 RBI, and a .405 average.
- Will Stonecipher has also hit four homers is batting .393.
- On the mound, Ian Cassidy is 5-2 with a 2.96 ERA and totaled 51 strikeouts.
- Freshman Mason Kirkweg is 4-2 with a 3.60 ERA in 45.0 innings pitched.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the baseball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).