JACKSONVILLE, Ill.—The (RV) Fontbonne University baseball team fell 11-2 on the road against Illinois College on Wednesday.
Score: Illinois College 11, Fontbonne 2
Location: Jacksonville, Ill.
Records: Illinois College 8-7, Fontbonne 14-4
How It Happened
Two batters later, Luke Summers hit a single to left that brought home Dobbs to make it 1-0. After a Matt Tossick single, a sacrifice-fly off the bat of Tyler Chambliss scored Puckett, Jr., to extend the advantage out to 2-0.
In the bottom half, though the Blueboys got one of those runs back on an RBI single from Tim Sommerfeld. In the third, IC went on to tie the game with Scott Kasting leading off with a single. He came on home on Brendan Stanfield's RBI double.
In the fourth, the Blueboys took a 5-2 lead on an RBI single from Sommerfeld and a two RBI single off the bat of Bailey Reed. From there, the Blueboys scored two in the sixth, three in the seventh, and another in the eighth for the nine-run win.
- John Hughes was dealt the loss after allowing five runs on seven hits in 3.2 innings of work.
- At the dish, Michael Puckett, Jr., totaled a season-high four hits and scored a run.
- Dobbs extended his hitting streak out to four going 2-for-5 with run scored.
- Jonathan Hoevelmann extended his hitting streak out to seven going 1-for-3.
Illinois College Notables
- Starter Logan Love picked up his first win on the year allowing two runs and striking out five in 6.0 innings.
- Bailey Reed went 4-for-5 with two runs scored and a game-high four RBI.
- Tim Sommerfeld went 3-for-5 with two runs scored and two RBI.
- Dillon Hallemann added three RBI.
- The Griffins return to action this Saturday on the road when they'll take on Greenville. First-pitch at 1 p.m.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the baseball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).