ST. LOUIS, Mo.—The Fontbonne University women's volleyball team returns to action on Wednesday night against rival Webster. It's also Webster's 10th annual Dig Pink match. First-service at 7 p.m.
During Webster's Dig Pink match with Fontbonne, there will be 50/50 raffles, games and a silent auction for the fans to participate in and the fans are encouraged to wear pink to the match.
Fontbonne at Webster
When: October 3rd, 2018
Where: Grant Gym
Time: 7 p.m.
Live Stats: HERE
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne (3-9; 3-6 SLIAC), closed out the month of September with a four-set win over Blackburn.
- On the year, the team has compiled 490 kills, 10.65 kills per set, a .138 hitting percentage, and 73 blocks.
- Individually, Maura Rabun leads with 112 kills and a SLIAC high .341 hitting percentage. She's also getting it done defensively with 41 blocks.
- Kristina Eason, meanwhile, has 106 kills, a .138 hitting percentage, a career-high 70 assists, 78 digs, and 24 blocks.
- Megan Schaller has handed out 202 assists, while Sarah Borgerding accumulated 131 digs thus far.
- The Griffins will be looking for its first win against Webster since 2016.
A Look At The Webster Gorloks
- The Gorloks (8-7; 6-2 SLIAC), have won its last four matches all coming by way of sweeps which has propelled them up to the No. 3 seed in the SLIAC.
- As a team, Webster ranks second in kills per set (11.65), fifth in assists (570), second in assists per set (10.56), first in digs (1255) and in digs per set (23.24).
- Individually, Samantha Kruse leads the offense with 154 kills and a .246 hitting percentage. She also ranks second in the SLIAC at 2.91 kills per set.
- Defensively, Kristen Farrah leads the conference with 450 digs and 8.33 digs per set.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's volleyball team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).