ST. LOUIS, Mo.— After picking up its first win on the 2018 season, the Griffins women's soccer team looks to get over the .500 mark this weekend at home. The team will take on Franklin on Friday night at 6:30 p.m., followed by a 7 p.m., outing against Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.
A Look At The Griffins
- Fontbonne picked up an impressive 8-0 win in its home opener against STLCOP.
- Molly Kovarik led with four goals, giving her a team-high five on the season.
- Caroline Neal netted two goals and now has five points, which is second-best on the team. Emily Cardwell and Rebecca Bass each netted a goal as well.
- In net, Mary Beers picked up her first win.
- Kovarik currently leads the SLIAC in goals and points. Kayla Collie is on top in the assists department (three).
A Look At The Franklin Grizzlies
- The Grizzlies, who are coming off a 14-5 record in 2017 and advancing to the NCAA DIII Tournament, are off to a 1-0 start in 2018.
- The team picked up a 5-4 win over Concordia-Wisconsin in its season opener
- Jaylnn Gorman surpassed last year's goal total (two) in the game with four and one assist.
- Maddie Fleet added the other goal for Franklin
- In net, Lexi Short earned her first win after making five saves
A Look At The Claremont-Mudd-Scripps
- After a 6-7-5 2017 campaign, Claremont-M-S has opened the 2018 season with a 2-0 record. They picked up a 6-0 win against Soka in its opener, followed by a 2-1 (2OT) victory against La Verne in its last time out.
- Rhiann Holman leads the Athenas offensively with four goals and one assist for nine points.
- In net, Claire Hamson has allowed just one goal in 200:00 minutes of action and made six saves for a .857 save percentage.
Fans make sure to stay updated on fontbonnegriffins.com throughout the year for full updates and recaps on the women's soccer team.
Make sure to follow us on all our social media accounts: Twitter (@FBUGriffins), Instagram (@fbugriffins) and Facebook (/FontbonneUGriffins).